Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Annabelle Rama Running For Congress








Annabelle Rama is a known local celebrity figure and more than that she is a fierce, frank and very strong person. She speaks with conviction and makes her stand. She is not afraid of who you are and she knows that she has something to say.

I have seen Ms. Annabelle Rama her in my town in the local media and I also didn't expect that she would enter politics. I saw her campaigning in the North part of Cebu and people in deed were mesmerized and happy seeing such a prominent person reaching out her hand to the locals of Cebu.

There are mix reactions of people coming from all walks of life of her running for congress. Many says that she is no good and may ruin her connections with Mayor Rama. Even local one of the local host her I seem to have felt that he is not in favor of Annabelle running. A lot of Cebuanos as well are happy of the thought that Ms.Annabelle Rama is running for the reason that even in Manila being a manager of known artists, a mother figure to all of her sons and daughter whom are also well known celebrity figures.

In my opinion I don't like to make a comment that she is not good enough because in my stand anyone will be as good in the congress or of any position they are running. I believe that her being a Cebuano and how she stresses that she is elevates the status of being a probinsyana or probinsyano, why? The truth about Manila when you come from the province is that more often you are being underestimated and looked down and most of all easily fooled. I am saying this from my experience and other peoples experience that I have known who visited and tried their luck in Manila. I guess some may be as lucky as I am or of the people that Ihave known which is I am happy for them.

As Eddie Garcia said in one of his interview,  “frank and strong person,” but she has a soft spot especially for fellow Cebuanos whom she wants to serve."

“I talk to her in a nice way. Meron siyang mga battles na, ‘Relax ka lang,’ you know? ‘I-avoid mo na 'yan.’ Kung merong gustong mag-provoke ng away sa kanya, (I tell her) ‘Refrain.” he added.

“Lumalabas yung mga tao from their windows and doors. They know that she is really a Cebuana. She tells her story, kung saan siya lumaki, kung saan siya nag-aral, kung ano nangyari sa buhay niya.” he further stated on an interview with Yahoo.

I know Filipinos are becoming aware on how politics go but I know that everyone do have their own judgement but for whatever it is I still believe that your respect and love of your roots and where you came from is still the no.1 reason that a person can tell of once loyalty and affection of his/her town. 

0 comments em “Annabelle Rama Running For Congress”